People have their teeth extracted for a variety of reasons. You could need to have teeth removed for a variety of reasons, including injuries, gum disease, dental decay, and crowding. Chemotherapy patients may also need to have their compromised teeth removed.
The normal process for adults and teenagers growing their final permanent teeth between the ages of 17 and 25 is wisdom tooth extraction. Our dentist in Okotoks can remove a tooth in one appointment in either a hospital or dental office. Before booking your tooth removal surgery, find out what to expect during the procedure and when you can expect to recuperate.
Before providing you with detailed information about your procedure and the items you must avoid following tooth removal, the dentist will likely look over your medical history and any drugs you currently use, including over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements.
How are Teeth Removed?
The phrase describes the painless removal of a tooth or dental roots with minimal damage to the surrounding tissues so that the extraction socket incision heals properly and without any difficulties after the procedure. The first thing your dentist might want after any operation is for it to heal appropriately, fast, and painlessly.
The majority of dental surgeons follow the normal post-operative instructions that are written up and given to the patient. After the surgery, your dentist near you will provide you with guidelines. Following all post-operative recommendations lowers the risk of infection and a dry socket. Failure to follow aftercare guidelines can result in problems, which can further delay healing.
Does Tooth Removal Affect the Brain?
Many people believe that losing a tooth could have an impact on their hearing, sight, or brain. Although studies indicate that tooth removal decreases the amount of grey matter in the forebrain area and basal ganglia, this perception is the result of urban legends. Because tooth loss affects motor, sensory, and emotional processes, the issue is tied to tooth loss rather than tooth extraction.
Our dentists are medical specialists with the expertise to propose tooth removal in Okotoks for a variety of reasons without affecting your brain function. Therefore, if you are advised to have teeth extracted due to decay or other illnesses, think of it as a positive surgery that will protect your dental and general health.
What Promotes Quicker Healing Following Tooth Extraction?
After getting tooth removal near you, your dentist will provide you with an aftercare guideline. To guarantee that your recuperation is quick and trouble-free, it would be beneficial if you followed the dentist’s advice.
The items listed below are prohibited after having teeth extracted. Therefore, kindly adhere to the recommendations for a speedy recovery following tooth extraction.
- Smoking should be avoided for 48 hours following tooth extraction and for 24 hours prior. A dry socket may form 72 to 96 hours after the tooth extraction because of tobacco’s effects on the blood clot.
- After having a tooth extracted, avoid thinking about eating anything crunchy or hard. Before eating solid foods, it is advised to wait until the anaesthetic wears off.
- But you must avoid the aforementioned kinds and stick to soft foods instead, such as soups, mashed potatoes, yogurt, milkshakes, ice cream, smoothies, etc.
- When having teeth extracted, soreness is to be expected. In lieu of antibiotics, your dentist suggests painkillers to avoid infections. Make sure you take the medications exactly as directed, never skipping a dosage.
- After having a tooth pulled, you shouldn’t immediately resume your normal activities because moving heavy objects or engaging in severe exercise still carries the danger of dislodging the blood clot.
Come into Essential Dentistry
Even if your dentist advises against touching the surgical site when cleaning your mouth, you can wash your teeth for up to 24 hours following a tooth extraction while being careful to avoid it. Our dental practice uses least invasive methods to execute a variety of challenging tooth removal procedures on patients. Because they offer thorough instructions on your recuperation, having your tooth pulled by this office guarantees a speedy recovery. Book your appointment right away.